At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with a team of 300+ worldwide and a core team of 85 based in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.
Design and implement the IT infrastructure of our fast expanding business!
As we continue to grow, there is more demand on the IT Department to plan, provision and maintain IT resources, and support the changing needs of our internal users. This demand has created an opportunity for an experienced IT Support Engineer to join our Internal IT team and continue to build on our mandate to create a best-in-class internal IT department.
Reporting to the Global IT Manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring our worldwide team can work efficiently and securely.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Improve, implement, document, and enforce internal IT processes for all our offices. The most complex requirements come from our customer support team, where we use several VMWare Windows instances per agent. Challenges include:
- Capacity planning. Make sure the systems meet performance and reliability requirements even as the team expands.
- Disaster preparedness. Regularly test your solutions. Be certain that some levels of hardware failure won’t cause business impact.
- Security. List and mitigate threats at the physical, network, OS, and application layers.
- Provide remote support and guidance to our staff in other offices.
- Provide hands-on support at our office in Hong Kong.
- Be involved in the design, implementation and ongoing support of business critical systems and infrastructure
What you need to be successful
You will make the most of your problem-solving skills and your user-centric mindset. You have demonstrated solving similar challenges before and you will need the following:
- Deep understanding of IT security best practices
- Hands-on experience with Windows server environments and basic Linux skills
- High level of networking experience (switching and routing)
- VMware ESX and Horizon VDI administration
Bonus for experience with:
- Mobile Device Management
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Work in a challenging, collaborative, and fun environment
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance. May require travel to the Philippines a few times per year, a few days per trip
- Exposure to new and exciting technology