We’re looking for an experienced team leader for our Web Infrastructure team. You will lead the team that creates world-class web infrastructure for our website and online sales channel. You will ensure the availability and the security of the service while enabling the business to get useful analytics.
- Scale and performance challenges. Handle millions of daily page views, scale across the world, solve complex computational tasks quickly, and be highly available.
- Security. Work with world-class penetration testers to make the infrastructure hard to hack but also OK to be hacked.
- Split-testing: Gather a huge amount of data from A/B testing to optimize our website for sales conversions.
- Lead a team of developers to deliver maximum business impact. Set expectations; coach, train, and motivate your team; run efficient processes; and hold people accountable through regular feedback delivery and formal performance reviews.
- Lead by example as a software developer. Even our senior managers are expected to spend at least some part of their time writing code to keep their skills sharp.
- Be heavily involved in creating hiring-plans and designing and running interviews.
Your team’s responsibilities:
- Design, build, and operate our consumer-facing web infrastructure.
- Solve big, global problems. Our infrastructure is deployed globally to efficiently serve the millions of users that hit our site daily in over 16 languages.
- Work alongside the marketing team, providing them with the data and analytics for business insight and the tools to effectively allow them to execute new plans and product launches.
- Architect and design new systems to improve performance and maintainability and deliver new products. Reduce cost by re-architecting legacy applications.
- Work with other engineering teams to build and consume internal APIs and maintain a robust micro-service oriented architecture.
- Uphold a strict SLA on global capacity, performance, security, and uptime.
- You’re an expert software developer in cloud-based web infrastructure. It doesn’t matter much to us in which technology stacks you’re most proficient. That only impacts the length of your onboarding cycle. “Expert” means:
- You can describe almost any requirement as an automated test.
- You have a proven track record of creating elegant architectural solutions to high-load scalable cloud solutions (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
- You have a proven track record of using efficient development workflows for teams.
- DevOps experience (Linux, Docker, Nginx, Ansible, Databases, Queues)
- You enjoy managing people and are good at it. You’ve had several direct reports for at least two years.
- You can understand the strategy and needs of the business, then plan and communicate meaningful technical product roadmaps.
Some highlights of our development teams:
- We use a microservice and serverless architecture. Across the company, we operate more than 50 independently deployed services.
- Our most commonly used tools are: Ruby/Rails/RSpec, Python/Lambda, Lua/OpenResty, Ansible/CloudFormation/Terraform.
- We invest heavily in automated test coverage and reasonably efficient CI and CD workflows. We’re able to trust our tests sufficiently such that there is effectively zero manual regression testing, and we deploy to production dozens of times per day.
- We perform code reviews for effectively all changes. That’s embedded in our culture. We find it’s an effective way of spreading knowledge and skills around the team and ensuring high quality of tests, code, and documentation.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.