We are looking for an Experienced Developer to work on our Router Apps
We’re looking for an experienced developer with both depth and breadth of technical knowledge to build our apps for routers. The router stack is complex, involving many Linux-based technologies and both low and high level languages like C and Lua MoonScript.
The team’s goal is to create the easiest-to-use, fastest, most reliable, and most secure consumer router app. You will be responsible for maximizing the team’s velocity of delivering top-quality products.
- Build a stable, well-tested platform which UX/UI developers can work on top of to build a high-quality router user interface.
- Build high-performance router software which can run optimally on both low- and high-end hardware and deliver awesome speed for users.
- Support new router hardware by enabling our software to be loaded onto third-party routers.
- Implement new features with superb code quality and high levels of automated test coverage.
- Work closely with the rest of the team to define the product vision, review specs, and make architecture decisions.
- Write specs for highly technical features.
- Do code reviews with other developers on the team.
- Expert in Embedded C or C++ development
- Expert in building client-side applications on Linux-based firmware
- Strong understanding of Linux kernel and network stack
- Experience using GNU tools and cross-compiling
- Experience writing heavily asynchronous code with low-level threading primitives/APIs
- Experience reverse-engineering firmware and installing custom firmware onto third-party hardware
- Expert in writing automated tests
- Solid understanding of IP networking
- Passion for writing well-architected readable code that’s easy to maintain by a team of several developers.
- DD-WRT or OpenWRT knowledge
- Experience modifying/writing drivers
- Lua/MoonScript development skills
- Experience in TDD or BDD.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.