At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with a team of 300+ worldwide and a core team of 70 based in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.
You’ll join our team to help:
- Improve client-side applications on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS to meet the highest privacy and security standards.
- Build innovative networking features.
- Expand our applications portfolio with new platforms, such as Linux and routers.
Your exact responsibilities will depend on your skills and interests, but here are some examples:
- Design firewall-like functionality to keep users private and secure. Implement those features hands-on for some platforms, and advise the developers for other platforms.
- Design and build a network testing lab to prove that our apps function well in various network environments.
- Build an application for OpenWRT routers.
Skills and experience
We’ll consider candidates from a broad range of skill sets and backgrounds, however a great candidate is likely to check some of the following boxes:
- Major experience in one of the following:
- System-level development for any desktop, mobile or embedded platform
- Network apps
- IT security
- Expert-level coding skills in any programming language. Especially helpful would be C/C++ or Go.
- Very good proficiency in major OSes and ability to quickly learn others. Good understanding of architectural and practical differences between platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of networking. For example, understand IP routing and DHCP.
- Experience in low-level integration testing automation. Experience in TDD/BDD tools is also nice to have.
- Good at documenting technical designs, sharing expert knowledge and coaching developers and testers.
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance
- Work in a challenging, collaborative, and fun environment