We are looking for a Router Applications Development Lead
We’re looking for an experienced people-manager and dev lead to lead our teams of developers building apps for routers. The router stack is complex, involving many Linux-based technologies and both low- and high-level languages like C and Lua MoonScript.
The team’s goal is to create the easiest-to-use, fastest, most reliable, and most secure consumer router app.
You will be responsible for maximizing the team’s velocity of delivering top-quality products.
- Lead a team of experienced developers. Hire, motivate, mentor, define responsibilities, hold people accountable, and manage career plans.
- Promote engineering excellence. Ensure we use efficient tools and processes and that each member of the team is an expert in their toolchain.
- Remain hands-on with technical work. Perform code reviews, ensure that architectural decisions are made well, ensure high-quality documentation, and also do some coding. Lead by example.
- Bridge between developers and product managers. Your team is highly technical and will need guidance in translating and communicating complex technical issues to user-focused product managers and UX designers.
- Ensure our product backlog always defines the path to achieving our business goals.
- Own specific projects end-to-end across company teams
- Experience as a hiring manager: You’ve hired, trained, and promoted talent within your teams to work more effectively.
- Expert in Embedded C or C++ development.
- Expert in writing automated tests.
- Experience building client-side applications on Linux-based firmware.
- Solid understanding of IP networking.
- Passion for writing well-architected readable code that’s easy to maintain by a team of several developers.
- DD-WRT or OpenWRT knowledge
- Lua/MoonScript development skills
- Experience in TDD or BDD.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.