We are looking for an experienced Frontend Developer to work on our client-facing applications
We’re looking for an experienced Frontend Developer with a great understanding of how to write well structured, testable, and maintainable code. You’ll work on a variety of platforms, including browser extensions, router app UI, internal tools, webpages, and potentially cross-platform UI built-in, e.g., Electron.
- Implement new features with superb code quality and high levels of automated test coverage. You’ll work heavily with Vue.js and work primarily on browser extensions and our router app UI.
- Be expected to understand how our apps function and our tech stack at a reasonable level so you can build high-quality UI. In many cases, you’ll work at a deeper level than just the UI, e.g., implementing features utilizing browser extension APIs or working with frameworks like Electron or the underlying platform APIs to build more complex features.
- Build maintainable and stable code. Ensure that the code is structured to allow us to iterate quickly on projects.
- Work closely with the rest of the team to define the product vision, review specs, and make architecture decisions.
- Write specs for highly technical features. All your requirements must be tested automatically. Manual QA is only involved in running UI look-and-feel tests that are not practical to automate.
- Join a team working in 2-week sprints, Jira, and branch-based development. Participate in code reviews before any code is merged to master.
- Expert in one of the following:
- Creating browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox
- Creating cross-platform UI with web technologies
- Creating high-quality web apps
- Expert in writing automated tests, including unit tests, functional tests, and UI tests.
- Experience with webpack
- Experience with Vue.js or other comparable frontend development frameworks
- Experience with CSS preprocessors, e.g. SCSS, SASS
- Experience writing cross-platform UI
What we offer
- Attractive compensation
- Based in Hong Kong at our spacious office in Wanchai.
- Full-time employment, 40 hours per week, flexible working hours
At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.