We’re looking for a Developer for Quality Automation
As a Quality Automation Developer, your mission will be to raise the quality of our customer experience and improve our efficiency at delivering engineering changes.
You will create and maintain strong automated tests for our applications and other core components of our product.
While responsibility for the quality of a component is shared with the software developers, you will be responsible for automated and semi-automated test coverage of one of our application platforms.
As a developer on our quality automation team, you will:
- Write and maintain automated tests for:
- Functional requirements across application platforms
- Non-functional requirements such as speed, capacity, security, and privacy
- Enforce clear and correct internal quality documentation
- Create tools to quickly validate technical experiments or features in proof-of-concept stage
- Maintain test infrastructure and pipelines
- Work with the engineering and product teams to ensure that features and implementation choices are testable, low risk, and “designed for quality”
- Coordinate and communicate with other teams across the company (platform application development, backend, systems, product, customer support, and security)
- Review and contribute to the work of others in your team in a timely and professional manner
- Experience as an engineer in a quality function or development role that was responsible for quality.
- Expert in at least one UI automation framework and programming language. You should be able to create and maintain high quality standards for the code bases you own.
- Experience being responsible for quality of native mobile or desktop apps.
- Proven ability to effectively work with remote teams across time zones.
- Self-driven for improvement and follow-up.
- Clear and concise written and spoken English communication (clear enough to work with non-native speakers from many regions).
Experience in these areas would also be useful:
- Exploratory testing
- Management of branching, build, and release processes
- Design and maintenance of hardware setups for test
- Project management
- Manual testing and test writing
What we offer
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance
- Work in a challenging, collaborative, and fun environment
At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.