We’re looking for a QA Automation Software Engineer
Chengbao is looking for a Software Engineer for QA automation to join our team building user-friendly online services for consumers. We use a micro-services architecture with high levels of automated test coverage and best-practice engineering processes.
Your mission will be to raise the quality of our customer experience across the board.
- While responsibility for the quality of individual component rests with the developers, you’ll be responsible for quality end-to-end. Your scope will include:
- Validation of functional requirements across apps, website, internet services.
- Non-functional requirements such as speed, capacity, security, privacy, availability, and reliability.
- Quality of internal documentation. We attempt to write plenty of it, but we aren’t consistent enough in how we test it yet.
- Set cross-team test strategies. Choose the right mix of automated and manual scripted tests, ad-hoc QA, dogfooding, monitoring, third-party pentests, and customer-feedback loops. Define requirements for dev/test/staging environments and the application and configuration data used in each, and define/document/evangelize best-practices for using them.
- Ensure projects have excellent test plans. Some you’ll write yourself, others you’ll coach developers to author. Act as an advisor to the developers responsible for each project.
- Raise the QA skill-level of all developers across the team. Lead by example, conduct sharing and training sessions.
- Expert in at least one UI automation framework
- Expert in at least one programming language
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the development toolchains for Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS
- Nice to have: IP networking and basic Linux skills
- Problem-solving skills, ability to quickly come up with solutions to non-trivial testing challenges in a cross-platform, cross-language environment
- Passion for writing well-architected readable code that’s easy to maintain by a team of several developers
What we offer
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance
- Work in a challenging, collaborative, and fun environment
At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.