We’re looking for a QA Director to overview our quality company-wide
Chengbao is looking for a Head of QA to raise the quality of our products and services and accelerate the velocity of our engineering teams across the company. Join a company with high levels of automated test coverage for components and a passion for quality software engineering, One of your most important contributions will be to hire and grow the wider QA team.
- Microservices architecture. We have several dozen independently deployed services run across cloud and over 100+ datacenters on roughly 3000 dedicated servers.
- Native apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, routers, and browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
- Developers are responsible for the quality of their components and are experts in writing automated tests. All requirements should be tested automatically by default, and we minimize reliance on manual QA. Some of the tools we use include: rspec, pytest, Appium, Calabash, CircleCI, Jenkins.
- Efficient engineering processes. CI/CD pipelines with code-reviews, and we make time and resources available for skill-development.
- People-manage the QA function. Hire, lead and manage all people in QA roles. Assign responsibilities, coach, train, motivate and hold the team accountable.
- While responsibility for the quality of individual component rests with the developers, you’ll be responsible for quality end-to-end. Your scope will include apps, websites and other server-side systems, as well as our SaaS. Types of requirements include functional, capacity, performance, security, privacy, availability, and reliability.
- Set cross-team test strategies. Choose a mix of automated and manual tests, exploratory QA, dogfooding, monitoring, third-party pentests, and customer-feedback loops. Define requirements for dev/test/staging environments and the application and configuration data used in each, and define/document/evangelize best-practices for using them.
- Ensure projects have excellent test plans. Some you’ll write yourself, others you’ll coach developers and QA-leads on your team to author. Act as an advisor to the developers responsible for each project.
- Raise the QA skill-level of all developers across the team. Lead by example, conduct sharing and training sessions.
- Define requirements for test tools and project-manage their delivery.
- Experienced people manager in a QA function. You must have had several QA leads reporting to you for at least two years.
- Expert in at least one UI automation framework and programming language. You might not write much code yourself in this role, but you must be able to work closely with and lead people who do.
- Experience being responsible for quality of both client-side as well as server-side apps.
What we offer
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance
- Work in a challenging, collaborative, and fun environment
At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.