At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with a team of 300+ worldwide and a core team of 70 based in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.
We’re looking for a Product Manager for Infrastructure
We need a driven, highly organized individual with excellent communication skills to manage projects across our product, systems, sales, and technical support teams.
- Ensure each team has clear product backlogs describing what actions they’ll take to achieve well-defined goals.
- Manage our relationships with about 100 different datacenters around the world. For example:
- Purchase new equipment. Create the orders with the datacenters, track status, then pass the data into our configuration management system and ensure the machines are set up in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that we’re efficiently using prepaid bandwidth quotas. Analyse and distribute our traffic patterns to make best use of the resources available
- Research datacenters. Find alternatives for us to place hardware that will deliver better routes for customers. Use tools provided by our engineers to evaluate different options.
- Triage issues. When our monitoring and support systems notice problems, you make sure the team addresses them in priority order.
- Ticket tracking. Create clear, concise tickets for each issue that an engineer is working on, prioritize these and track them to ensure they are completed.
- Resolve network abuse complaints coming from the datacenters. Decide which ones require follow-up by the engineering team, prioritize and manage them to resolution.
Profile of an ideal candidate
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to communicate quickly and clearly with engineers on our team, as well as sales and tech-support staff at various datacenters around the world. Once it’s clear what needs to be done, you can very quickly and clearly express that in writing.
- You’ll need a driven personality to do well in this role. Demand fast turnaround times from the datacenters, chase and push to get things done.
- You should have a keen ability to ask questions, and dig into an issue until you understand it.
- You must be comfortable handling competing priorities. For example, easily handle situations where you’re asked to do 10 things in a day but only have time for 3. (determine which ones you’re going to handle, and communicate to the stakeholders)
- Excellent follow-through. You don’t “drop” issues. You either get something done in the agreed timeline, or communicate with stakeholders if you need to change the timeline.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with developers and sysadmins.
- Basic familiarity with Linux, or an interest in learning.
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance
- Work in a challenging, collaborative, and fun environment
- Given the operational nature of this position, it might require some work on evenings or weekends to resolve high-priority outages. Probably once per month.