At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with a team of 400+ worldwide and a core team of 90 based in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.
Make our global consumer SaaS available all the time, everywhere
You’re a problem solver who loves to make a direct impact on customers globally? Join us to be part of a friendly cross-functional team at the core of our Tech Operations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Following our capacity planning processes, decide on an appropriate level of infrastructure (servers and bandwidth), then procure those resources and feed them into our automated provisioning process.
- Procurement and provisioning: You’ll work with 50+ different data centers worldwide. Create the tickets for new-equipment purchases, replacements, or cancelations. Track status and ensure issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Make decisions on resource allocation, such as what types of servers to run where. Understand and predict load patterns, provision resources in advance to ensure all your metrics stay within SLA.
- Evaluate new data centers. Identify and research new providers, evaluate them both in terms of pricing as well as technical functionality. Decide which data centers to use for which purposes.
- Triage issues and manage them to resolution. Issues can come from our internal monitoring systems, escalations from customer support-team, as well as our 50+ datacenters.
- Create weekly reports, analyze, find insight, drive action.
- Keep quality-metrics within SLA, especially relating to uptime and speeds.
- Budget efficiency. Keep $ costs per active user within budget.
What will make you successful at this role
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to communicate quickly and clearly with engineers on our team, as well as sales and tech-support staff at data centers.
- You’ll need a driven personality to do well in this role. Demand fast turnaround times from the datacenters, chase and push to get things done.
- You should have a keen ability to ask questions, dig into an issue until you understand it.
- You must be comfortable handling competing priorities.
- Strong analytical thinking. Comfortable doing basic data analysis in Excel or similar tools.
- Nice to have: experience working with developers and sysadmins. Be comfortable with (or quick to learn) technical terms such as IP addresses, ports, protocols, and load-balancing.
- Nice to have: basic familiarity with Linux
- Nice to have: Some Product Management experience to help shape future monitoring tools being developed for the team. Experience with gathering requirements and writing specifications for Reporting and Monitoring Tools
- Nice to have: experience in microservices ops (as an analyst, maybe SRE site reliability engineer, not the main developer)
What you will get
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance
- Work in a challenging, collaborative, and fun environment