We’re looking for SysAdmin and DevOps talent
Chengbao is looking for SysAdmin and DevOps talent to join our team building user-friendly online services for consumers. We run high-scale services used by consumers all around the world. Join a company combining the best of being financially successful with the culture of a start-up.
Responsibilities can include any or all of the following:
- Systems admin: Maintain several hundred Ubuntu servers running network applications. Provision new servers as we grow. Pro-actively keep them running well, and respond to outages if necessary. All our servers are leased in remote data-centers. We never visit them physically. The datacenter is responsible for the hardware, and you manage the OS and applications.
- Devops: Develop software to provision, manage and monitor your servers more efficiently. We currently use a combination of Ansible, Shell scripts, Nagios, Ruby and Python, and you’d build on this.
- Application development: Help develop new distributed network applications.
- Excellent problem solver, excited about building well-designed systems, eager to learn and continually improve his or her skills
- Experienced Linux sysadmin, skilled at troubleshooting system or network issues
- Great at writing shell scripts
- Fluent in at least one other programming language
- Deep understanding of general networking (non-cisco)
- Good written English communication. You’ll do most of your writing in English. Speaking can be in Cantonese.
- Nice to have: experience with Ansible or similar tools like Puppet or Chef
- Nice to have: experience with creating and maintaining documentation
What we offer
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance
- Work in a challenging, collaborative, and fun environment
At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.