You’ll join a team of Network and Systems Engineers continuously evolving our global infrastructure. Everything we do is focused on our customers, with a large emphasis on security, data-driven decision making, and reproducible automation. You’ll be working with leading experts in their fields, ensuring that we’re always delivering service to our customers at superior quality levels and within reasonable costs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and deploy large co-located software-defined networks across 100+ locations around the world while minimizing operational complexity.
- Work with internal and external security experts to define and create comprehensive threat models and best-in-class mitigations.
- Analyze and compare, using data-driven methodologies, a range of data centers within many regions around the world to determine the best-in-class solutions for our customers within reasonable costs.
- Define network capacity models and load balancing techniques to achieve the best user experience and lower operating costs.
- Improve user experience by optimizing our existing networks in any possible way.
- Design, document, and improve on processes that our Operations Team executes to enable a smooth-running service. This includes redbooks, emergency response, and disaster recovery procedures that can be followed by less technical colleagues consistently.
- Project-manage large deployments, including setting expectations, updating key stakeholders, and communicating exit criteria and progress to the broader company.
- 4+ years relevant working experience.
- Experience configuring leading-brand L2 and L3 network equipment (Cisco, Juniper, HP etc.) including VLAN, LACP, GLBP, VRRP.
- Experience with core tunnelling technologies such as GRE and IPsec.
- Experience with core routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Experience with load balancing technologies.
- Experience building out and/or operating remote-only “dark” data centers.
- Strong documentation skills with a keen eye for high-quality network diagrams.
- Comfortable configuring and debugging networking on Linux, iptables/nftables, and network performance tuning.
- You’ll need a driven personality. Ability to work independently, take initiative, and demand fast turnaround times from vendors.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to communicate quickly and clearly with engineers on our team, as well as sales and tech-support staff at data centers.
- You should have a keen ability to ask questions to dig into an issue until you understand it.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Networking or Computer Science
- Experience with software defined networks
- Good working knowledge of IPv6
- Experience in negotiating deals with vendors
- Product and project management experience
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruit and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.