We are looking for a Senior IT Engineer
Join a SaaS company providing privacy and security protections to consumers around the world. You’ll have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology. You’ll work in a fast-growing team of industry experts building our modern and secure IT infrastructure.
Our team is spread across several offices in the region and we’re now launching new ones.
- Large customer base worldwide, which brings many challenges and opportunities. Users around the world rely on our service. Excellence in operations is therefore core to our business.
- Successful business in a fast-growing industry.
- Highly skilled team using efficient processes.
- Meritocratic culture with fast decision-making.
As our team is expanding fast, you’ll have quite broad responsibilities. Here are some examples of what you’ll do:
- Define IT use cases and requirements for our new offices. We’re getting started in a serviced office, then will look to lease and renovate our own long-term office as soon as possible. You’ll then manage the construction and setup of all IT infrastructure at that office.
- Onboard new hires and provide basic helpdesk support.
- Set up procurement processes. Select local vendors for workstations, networking equipment, ISPs, CCTV, video-conferencing, and alarm and access control systems. Negotiate agreements, partnering with our finance team as needed.
- Collaborate with your colleagues across the region to run projects to build and improve our global IT systems:
- Facilitate security penetration tests.
- Enhance the contents or presentation of IT policies.
- Automate manual processes. Manage infrastructure as code.
- Automatically enforce and/or tracking compliance of IT policies.
- Train our global workforce in using IT securely and efficiently.
- Participate in our security operations center. Help triage and resolve incidents.
Our IT infrastructure looks roughly like this:
- Identity by Okta for 50+ SaaS services.
- G Suite.
- Workstations include Mac, Linux, Windows, Chromebooks, and AWS WorkSpaces.
- Very little on-premise infrastructure. We’re cloud-based as much as possible.
- Workstations run device-management and endpoint protection clients.
- SIEM monitors events from endpoint-protection, SaaS services, and networks.
- At least 5 years working experience, including at companies whose IT is heavily cloud-based.
- Solid understanding of IT security. For example, you understand how certificates work and know how to use them well.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Solid understanding of IT automation (Ansible, Rundeck, Puppet, SaltStack or similar).
- Experience automating daily IT tasks in Python, Powershell, GoLang, or similar languages.
What we offer
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance
- Work in a challenging, collaborative, and fun environment
At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.