At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with a team of 300+ worldwide and a core team of 80 based in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.
We are looking for a Senior SEO Lead
We’re looking for a talented people leader with deep knowledge of SEO to manage and grow our SEO team.
Your team is strategically responsible for all three facets of SEO: on-page, off-page, and technical. On-page and technical SEO are shared responsibilities with our content and web development teams. Your team will take the lead in creating roadmaps, driving results, and reporting on progress.
This role will contribute heavily to our content creation and broader marketing strategies. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing industry with talented professionals.
Specifically, you will:
- Be the people leader for our current SEO team of four.
- Define what your team needs and grow your team to meet our core business objectives.
- Drastically grow our organic search presence. Within 12 months, double our organic traffic and sales.
- Define additional content, sales, and marketing KPIs and deliver results.
- Work with our existing team to strengthen our strategy for improving organic search rankings to maximize sales and positive brand exposure.
- We’re passionate about being thought leaders in our industry, so not all pages will be designed to make sales, but should contribute to our overall branding.
- Keep yourself and your team sharp through the continuous learning and application of industry best practices. SEO changes fast – you’ll be in charge of making sure we change with it.
- Disseminate this information to our team of writers, developers, and content strategists.
- Deliver systems that ensure all relevant content is optimized for SEO in conjunction with our Senior Content Manager and Blog Manager.
- Prioritize, delegate, and give clear goals and objectives to your team.
- Ensure transparent and efficient reporting procedures for senior management,m including the Head of Marketing and business owners.
Previously this team has been overseen directly by the Head of Marketing. As the team is growing rapidly, it’s time to specialize this function even further and allow us to scale efficiently.
Required skills and experience
- 7+ years experience in SEO
- Deep experience in at least two of the three main areas of SEO:
- 2+ years of proven people management experience
- Strong command of web analytics
- Ability to analyze data and provide evidence-based recommendations
- Attention to detail combined with an ability to see the larger picture of our business objectives
- In-depth knowledge of current SEO tools and practices
- Strong command of Google Analytics and Search Console (Webmaster Tools)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have
- Some experience writing landing page or blog copy
- Experience with A/B testing and other testing metrics
- Experience hiring and managing remote team members
- Proficiency in Google Adwords and understanding of affiliate marketing
- Attractive compensation
- Based in Hong Kong at our spacious office in Wanchai. Lots of light, open space, pull-up bars, powerful hardware, all in a convenient location
- Full-time employment, 40 hours per week, flexible working hours
- Top-quality health insurance