Chengbao is looking for a Data Insights Lead
You’ll lead our “data insights team”. The team is responsible for:
- Enabling all teams across the company to efficiently and accurately answer their business intelligence questions. The team needs to have a deep and broad understanding of the business, then engages as consultants to partner-teams to help them ask insights questions, then answer them (often on an ongoing basis) through well-designed processes.
- Building and operating data pipelines and dashboards.
- Running projects to find insights and recommend actions to other teams. These cover all aspects of our business: from product quality and operational metrics and how they impact customer acquisition rates, retention and LTV, to customer support, marketing attribution, various financial metrics, and also recruiting and HR.
- Training people across the company in data analysis skills.
As leader of the team, you are personally responsible for:
- Creating the hiring plan for your team in Hong Kong, and work with our recruiting-team to interview, hire and onboard new staff.
- Being the people leader for several data analysts and engineers. You hire, train, motivate, assign responsibilities, and hold accountable.
- Designing processes, documenting them very clearly, measuring their metrics, and improving them. That includes but isn’t limited to quarterly planning, sprint planning, triage, retrospectives, postmortems, SLA reviews, requirements-gathering, tech-designs, incident escalations, skill development plans, internal customer satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Facilitating cross-team collaboration.
- Helping execute on your team’s highest-impact projects and delivering actionable insights to the business.
- At least 3 years experience managing people. You excel at setting expectations, motivating, holding people accountable, and guiding career and skill development.
- Track record of leadership. You provide a clear vision for your team’s responsibilities, structure and processes, and align them with the needs of the business.
- Track record of managing several stakeholders with excellent communication skills.
- Experienced cross team project manager
- You excel at differentiating between important and urgent tasks, guide your team through clear triage decision-making, and keep them focused on priorities.
- You excel at analyzing data, finding insights, and translating them into action items.
- You have a general knowledge and understanding of ETL tools and processes. You’ve worked with systems and tools more complex than just Excel and Google Analytics.
- Proficient in at least one programming language
- Familiar with agile methodologies
- Fluent in English
What we offer
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance
- Work in a challenging, collaborative, and fun environment
At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.