Chengbao is looking for a Data Engineer / Data Scientist to help automate, streamline, and manage our ever-growing streams of data, while turning them into insights by any means necessary (data modeling, ad hoc investigation, dashboards, machine learning, and predictive modeling).
As a Data Engineer / Data Scientist, you will be part of the Data Team, working together with data analysts and engineers. Your role is to help the team consolidate an increasing number of data sources to provide the business and the different functional teams with fast and actionable insights.
The range of projects is broad. From fraud detection, capacity planning, churn prediction, and retention optimization, to customer support quality monitoring, we need your help to tackle them all.
The role is flexible and we can tailor it depending on your skills, experience, and career aspirations. The main task, however, is to help manage our data platform and push further the capabilities of the Data Team.
The more boxes you tick, the better:
- Quick learner: You are keen to learn new tools, technologies, and models quickly, and you can to apply them to deliver a project.
- Problem solver: You can think out of the box to propose solutions while sticking to deadlines.
- Strong team player: You are comfortable working autonomously and with the team to ensure that the project is delivered with quality and on time.
- Proficient in Python and SQL, or at least one other programming language.
- Rigorous: You make sure that your code is clear, reviewed, and versioned. You have used versioning tools such as Git or SVN.
- Experienced with ETL tools and processes: You have deployed solutions to manage large data streams and make them available to data analysts/data scientists, and you know how to optimize data aggregations.
- Familiar with building development environments and pipelines to train machine-learning models, monitor their performance, and bring them to production.
- Preferably, you have experience with Apache Airflow, AWS services (Redshift, S3, Redis, Athena, SageMaker, Kinesis Data Firehose) and/or Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery).
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer, data engineer, machine-learning engineer, or data scientist.
- Degree in computer science preferred.
- Fluent in English.
- Familiar with agile methodologies
- Proficient with Python, pandas, matplotlib, Jupyter Notebooks
- Familiar with visualization tools such as Tableau or Qlik
What we offer
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance
- Work in a challenging, collaborative, and fun environment
At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.