At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with a team of 300+ worldwide and a core team of 80 based in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.
- Our operation serves millions of website visitors a year thanks to our industry-leading marketing presence. We’re a robust force online, rapidly expanding across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and email marketing. Our words find an audience.
- Aggressive white-hat communication plan firing on all cylinders.
- A strong team of strategists, web designers, and writers to help produce high-quality content.
We’re looking for a talented editor with a strong grasp of what makes for good writing. You’re not simply adept at grammar, spelling, punctuation, and following house style. You also know how to restructure, streamline, shorten, simplify, clarify, punch up, and improve. When you edit something, you don’t just fix what’s wrong with it: You make it more authoritative, more engaging, and more pleasant to read.
This role will contribute heavily to our content creation and broader marketing strategies and provide an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing industry with other talented professionals.
Specifically, you will:
- Edit a range of content, which may include website landing pages, blog and social media posts, marketing and advertising copy, technical support articles and tutorials, company communications, customer support scripts, and app interface texts.
- Contribute to our writing efforts as needed.
- Under the guidance of our Senior Content Manager, help mentor a growing stable of in-house staff and freelance content strategists around the world.
- Pivot seamlessly among voices: From sales to instructional to persuasive to corporate communications and back again.
- Work with our existing team to strengthen our strategy for improving organic search rankings to maximize sales and positive brand exposure.
- We’re passionate about being thought leaders in our industry, so not all pages will be designed to make sales, but all should contribute to our overall branding.
- Be comfortable prioritizing, measuring and communicating progress, as well as defining goals and objectives.
Content oversight in the company once involved a great deal of peer editing within the larger Marketing Team, but our rapid growth has made it necessary for us to add specialists who can elevate our content to the next level.
Required skills and experience
- 2+ years experience as an editor, a proofreader, or a writer responsible for editing others’ work
- Strong command of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation (U.S. English a plus)
- Familiarity with following a style guide, such as:
- AP style
- New York Times style
- Chicago Manual of Style
- An organization’s house style
- Broad-based knowledge allowing you to spot errors across an array of topics
- Excellent fact-checking and research skills and a desire to “get things right”
- Experience collaborating with writers, designers, SEO specialists, and researchers
- Ability to break down technical subjects for a non-technical readership
- Attention to detail combined with an ability to see the larger picture of our business objectives
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience writing landing page or blog copy
- Knowledge of web analytics or a keen desire to learn
- Experience with A/B testing and other testing metrics
- Experience hiring and managing remote team members
What you get from it
- Attractive compensation
- Based in Hong Kong at our spacious office in Wanchai, with lots of light, open space, pull-up bars, and powerful hardware, all in a convenient location
- Full-time employment, 40 hours per week, with flexible work times
- Top-quality health insurance