At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with a team of 300+ worldwide and a core team of 80 based in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual to find, win, and set up external partnerships, with the goal of driving new customer acquisition by leveraging our brand name together with our partners’. In general, you’ll be overseeing non-media partners who sell their own product or service and can benefit from tying our offering into their own, sometimes in return for a commission paid to the partner for each new customer/end-user acquired through the partnership channel.
Specifically, you will:
- Conduct outreach to high-value prospective partner brands whose customers might benefit from our services
- Drive conversations end-to-end
- Identify key points of contact (executives and other decision makers)
- Establish communication via email or phone
- Introduce our brand
- Create and deliver compelling presentations
- Work with in-house developers and designers to deliver custom requirements
- Manage commercial negotiations
- Drive internal and external communications around the partnership’s launch
- Act as the partner’s key contact for the ongoing relationship
- Host face-to-face meetings with executives, either in Hong Kong or overseas at the partner’s location
- Research and determine a list of our most valuable prospects, as measured by opportunity size, overlapping customer needs, ease of integration, and their likeliness/willingness to pursue a partnership with our company
- Oversee the flow of incoming partnership requests
- Attend overseas conferences and technology industry events
We have a rapidly growing marketing team of 25+, but no single person focuses exclusively on brand partnerships and business development. Our hiring for this role serves the purpose of creating business development as a dedicated function within our company.
Required Background and Traits
- 5+ years of experience and top performance in a sales, business development, or client-facing account management role
- Action-oriented, ambitious, go-getter personality
- Assertive and persistent. (partnership deals won’t fall in your lap.)
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills (for negotiating commercial terms as well as deliverables)
- Able to write polished and compelling marketing text
- PowerPoint and Excel proficient
- Able to prioritize and multitask
- High attention to detail
- Willing to make overseas phone calls that may be scheduled during late evenings or early mornings
- Happy to travel overseas for several days at a time to conduct face-to-face meetings
- Attractive compensation
- Based in Hong Kong at our spacious office in Wanchai. Lots of light, open space, pull-up bars, powerful hardware, all in a convenient location
- Overseas travel perhaps once per month
- Full-time employment, 40 hours per week, flexible working hours
- Top-quality health insurance