At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with a team of 300+ worldwide and a core team of 70 based in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.
We’re looking for a Communications Manager
You will work alongside our senior communications manager to help us drive our compelling brand story with journalists, relevant bloggers, and key tech influencers. You’ll execute a communications plan that ensures we’re constantly top-of-mind and ahead of the curve. This is a new position as we’re rapidly growing, and our industry is rocketing into the mainstream. Your work will be crucial to ensure that we achieve our media and communications goals and become a household name within the next 3 years.
- Define and drive regular communications plans: You’ll help drive the “How often, to whom, over what medium” questions.
- Amplify our message. Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within the business and industry.
- Gather, collate, and deliver messaging from top management and our senior communications manager that inserts our perspective into the relevant news of the day.
- Nurture key relationships; ensure collateral is delivered on time, every time.
- Understand our business needs/sensitivities and craft copy with the help of PR and Marketing that will both get published and paint our company in the best light possible.
- Seek out new opportunities and create PR buzz in the industry at-large.
- Find opportunities to get a brand mention added to already published content. Connect with the journalist, make the pitch, and rinse and repeat.
- Create and send out press releases for new products and marketing initiatives.
- Report results and earned media KPIs.
- Work cross-function with marketing, design, product, and other teams to coordinate communications efforts and messaging.
- Work with an agency to scale your work.
- 3+ years’ relevant experience, particularly in media relations, communications, journalism, or content creation
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to engage and connect with people
- Superior project management skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Self-driven with keen attention to detail
- An innate desire to drive and meet deadlines (both internal and external)
- Native-level English skills
Nice to have
- Demonstrable media contacts
- Experience creating communication reports for management
- Proficiency in another language (French, German, or Spanish would be a plus)
- Tech industry experience
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Given the operational nature of this position, it might require some work in evenings and weekends if and when press communications are needed
- Based in Hong Kong at our spacious office in Wanchai. Lots of light, open space, pull-up bars, powerful hardware, all in a convenient location
- Full-time employment, 40 hours per week, flexible working hours