We are looking for a Senior Brand Manager
You will work cross-company in conjunction with our Marketing, PR, and Product teams to create the next chapter in the evolution of our product brand. This is a new position, as we’re rapidly growing and our industry is rocketing into the mainstream. Your work will be crucial to ensuring that we become a household name within three years.
- Execute our brand strategy with an emphasis on growth and internationalization
- Develop and drive annual roadmaps for brand strategy
- Establish internal programs to drive brand strength and consistency throughout all teams
- Based on data, advise and build consensus with key stakeholders (the business owners, Head of Marketing, and VP of PR and Brand Strategy) on strategies to grow brand value
- Ensure our brand is viewed positively not only by our core English markets, but by other major non-western markets
- Develop insights from market, consumer, customer, and competitor research data analysis to inform our brand strategy
- Create, run, and/or manage brand-tracking surveys
- Track key performance indicators and conduct analysis in order to turn insights into actionable programs that accelerate business growth
- Ensure consistent brand identity across all customer touchpoints by working with and preparing documentation for teams including Product Management, Marketing, PR, and Customer Support
- Source, secure, and manage brand partnerships and event opportunities in coordination with the Business Development team
- Secure and maintain legal protections (e.g., copyright, patent registration, name, and trademark symbols)
- Monitor external brand abuse and develop processes to address violations with company leadership
- In conjunction with our VP of PR and Brand Strategy, you’ll convey industry-wide brand best-practices within the organization and to external audiences
- Create education programs for employees and outsiders (e.g., partners, agencies) related to brand representation
- Provide functional expertise and leadership for brand management team. Within 6 months:
- Hire at least one brand analyst
- Hire a branding agency
- Key influence on close collaborators such as web design, product design, PR, advertising, and customer support teams
Your success metrics
- Clarity in all employees’ minds related to brand strategy and how it applies to their work
- Worldwide brand recognition. By 2023, one billion people should know our brand name
- Consumer research indicates we are associated with and rank more highly for attributes that we consider part of our brand
- Positive brand recognition measurably higher than that of our main competitors
- 5+ years of experience in advertising, marketing, or brand management for consumer brands with a proven ability to develop effective and engaging brand marketing programs
- Demonstrable track record of leading cross-functional teams and eliciting company wide cooperation on brand initiatives
- Experience focusing creative teams on overarching strategy and designing efficient branding processes that maintain brand consistency
- Success championing new initiatives while keeping the core brand intact
- Can demonstrate:
- Expertise influencing consumer perception and behavior
- Ability to justify branding efforts with data
- Knowledge of brand-related legal matters such as trademarks, copyrights, rights of publicity, unfair competition claims, enforcement issues and obstacles
What we offer
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance
- Work in a challenging, collaborative, and fun environment
At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.