We’re looking for a Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst!
We’re looking for an experienced FP&A Analyst. This is a new position.
At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.
As a Senior FP&A Analyst you will:
- Be the first point of contact for various department leads for forecasting, budget planning and preparation
- Review and evaluate proposed department budgets
- Update the budget as requested by the Financial Controller to account for significant changes in the business environment
- Consolidate the department budgets and results
- Conduct monthly variance analysis on budget versus actual results
- Work with department leads to investigate differences, and understand the reasons behind the performance and results
- Report to senior management on differences from expectations with an interpretation of why the variance occurred
- Be a business intelligence specialist, helping us make more data-driven decisions
- Provide business leaders with data and actionable information to help them make informed decisions to generate return on investment and revenues
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc expenditure reports to ensure accurate and timely identification and monitoring of trends in major spending within the business
- Build predictive models to project long term profitability
- Model the potential effect on the forecast results if a particular business factor or assumption were to change
- Communicate recommendations to senior management that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining operations
- Create “what-if” simulations for stand-alone business scenarios to allow comparison of outcomes from different investments
- Partner directly with senior management to facilitate quick decision making
- Assist with price negotiations as needed, to ensure we are getting the best possible deals
- At least 3 years experience in a planning and analysis role
- Proficient in Excel and other analytics software
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills with the ability to form good working relationships
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with experience presenting solutions to senior management
- High accuracy skills and attention to detail
- Deadline oriented, with an ability to stick to time constraints
- Mature and proactive with experience working independently and as part of a team
- Desirable: a degree or qualification in accounting or finance
- Desirable: Some experience in managing people. This role is an individual contributor position, but there will likely be opportunities to grow into people management within a couple of years.
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with fresh fruits and snacks
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 20+ nationalities