At Chengbao, we’re leading the way to a more private and secure digital world. Consumers in over 180 countries around the globe rely on our industry-leading cybersecurity software and services.
We are an international tech company with hundreds of people worldwide and a core team in Hong Kong. We’re profitable, growing, and just getting started.
We hire world-class developers, product managers, and marketers in the industry, and give them the tools to succeed. Together, we ship beautiful, usable software for desktop and mobile that our customers use and love every day.
Ready to do the best work of your life? We’ve built just the place.
We’re looking for an Accounts Payable Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Manager. This is a new position to take over from our Financial Controller in leading the AP team.
- Large customer base worldwide, which brings many challenges and opportunities. We have millions of users who rely on our service 24/7/365 for a broad range of use-cases. Excellence in operations is therefore core to our business.
- Successful business in a fast-growing industry. We are a leader in a fragmented market and are growing quickly both because the industry is expanding and because we are gaining market share. We have sufficient financial resources to tackle large challenges for the long term.
- Highly skilled team using efficient processes.
- Meritocratic culture with fast decision-making.
The AP team is responsible for:
- Verifying authorization of payments. Define and operate the processes by which the company grants authorization, then ensure that all payments are authorized before they are processed.
- Executing payments in a timely and accurate manner, across multiple corporate entities, credit cards and bank accounts. Current transaction volume is around 4,000 per month. Use appropriate coding and categorization of transactions to deliver insights to the relevant teams and budget owners.
- Selecting vendors, negotiating pricing and other deal terms, and maintaining an inventory of vendors. We have more than a thousand vendors across the globe covering a broad range of services and goods.
- For vendors that work with us on a commission basis, calculate and announce amounts due every month.
- Assisting the bookkeeping and audit teams by providing supporting documentation.
- Research projects.
- Resolving some payment disputes with customers.
As leader of the AP team, you are personally responsible for:
- Be the people leader for all members of the team. You hire, train, motivate, assign responsibilities and hold the team accountable to reaching agreed goals. The team currently consists of two AP specialists, and both would report to you within two months of your joining.
- Articulate and drive a vision of what the AP function should do to best support the needs of the business.
- Design processes, documenting them very clearly, measuring their metrics, and improving them.
- Coordinate with other teams, especially other Finance squads and the many teams across the company with frequent AP needs.
- Be able to perform all of the duties of your team members. Be able to lead by example.
- At least 3 years experience managing people.
- At least 5 years experience performing full function accounts payable duties
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Great organisational and administrative skills with high attention to detail
- Good knowledge of accounting basics
- Strong negotiation skills and a keen interest to get even better. This is an important part of the role.
- Ability to build good relationships with vendors, suppliers and colleagues
- Proficient in Excel
- Desirable: a degree or qualification in accounting or finance
What we offer
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance
- Work in a challenging, collaborative, and fun environment